Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 AMD 970 DDR3 SATA 6Gb (Socket AM3+) ATX MotherboardModel Number: GA-970A-DS3
| £54.95 inc. VAT
(£45.79 ex. VAT)
|(Out of Stock)|
|Seen it cheaper? Let us know, we might match it|
The 970A-DS3 motherboard is designed to offer a stable, high-speed platform for delivering amazingly fast data transfer via the GIGABYTE 333 onboard acceleration technologies. Featuring the USB3.0 controller, AMD 900 series motherboards allow users to take advantage of super fast USB transfer rates of up to 5Gbps, delivering 10x faster data transfer compared to USB 2.0.
Utilizing the industry's first Serial ATA Revision 3.0 solution via AMD SB950 chipset, GIGABYTE AMD 900 series motherboards offer native 6 ports of next generation high speed data storage devices support with data transfer speeds of up to 6 Gbps with RAID 0, 1, 5, 10. The AMD 900 series motherboards introduce a unique hardware design with lower resistance fuses for ensuring lower voltage drops and providing more stable and plentiful power delivery. USB ports also benefit from a 3x power boost for better power delivery to power hungry USB devices.
UEFI DualBIOS™ Technology
With a superior graphical interface capable of 32-bit color imaging and fluid user-friendly mouse navigation, UEFI DualBIOS™ makes BIOS configuration a new and exciting experience for novice and experienced users alike. UEFI BIOS also brings native support for large hard drives on 64-bit operating systems.
Multi-display support with AMD CrossFire
Flexible graphics capabilities - Up to 2 VGA cards are supported for 2 way AMD CrossFire™ (running at x16, x4 bandwidth), delivering the ultimate in graphics performance for gaming enthusiasts who demand the highest frame rates without compromising on resolution.
Supports next generation of 45nm AMD AM3 CPU
This motherboard designs with Split Power Plane, 4+1 phase VRM to support AMD the latest 45nm AM3 Phenom™II/ Athlon™II processors, delivering the great performance enchantment to system and ultimate scalability hardware expending.
CPU AM3+ Socket:
- AMD AM3+ FX processors
- AMD AM3 Phenom™ II processor/ AMD Athlon™ II processor
Hyper Transport Bus
- 4800 MT/s
- North Bridge: AMD 970
- South Bridge: AMD SB950
- 4 x 1.5V DDR3 DIMM sockets supporting up to 32 GB of system memory (Note 1)
- Dual channel memory architecture
- Support for DDR3 2000(O.C.)/1866/1600/1333/1066 MHz memory modules (Note 2)
- Realtek ALC887 audio codec
- High Definition Audio
- Support for S/PDIF Out
- Realtek GbE LAN chip (10/100/1000 Mbit)
- 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x16 (PCIEX16) (Note 3)
- 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x4 (PCIEX4)
- 3 x PCI Express x1 slots (All PCI Express slots conform to the PCI Express 2.0 standard.)
- 2 x PCI slots
Storage Interface South Bridge:
- 6 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors supporting up to 6 SATA 6Gb/s devices
- Support for RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 10, and JBOD
USB South Bridge:
- Up to 12 USB 2.0/1.1 ports (6 ports on the back panel, 6 ports available through the internal USB headers)
- Up to 2 USB 3.0/2.0 ports on the back panel (Note 4)
Internal I/O Connectors
- 1 x 24-pin ATX main power connector
- 1 x 4-pin ATX 12V power connector
- 6 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors
- 1 x CPU fan header
- 2 x system fan headers
- 1 x power fan header
- 1 x front panel header
- 1 x front panel audio header
- 1 x S/PDIF Out header
- 3 x USB 2.0/1.1 headers
- 1 x Clear CMOS jumper
Back Panel Connectors
- 1 x PS/2 keyboard/mouse port
- 6 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports
- 2 x USB 3.0/2.0 ports
- 1 x RJ-45 port
- 3 x audio jacks (Line In/Line Out/Microphone)
- iTE I/O Controller Chip
- System voltage detection
- CPU/System temperature detection
- CPU/System/Power fan speed detection
- CPU overheating warning
- CPU/System/Power fan fail warning
- CPU/System fan speed control (Note 5)
- 2 x 32 Mbit flash
- Use of licensed AMI EFI BIOS
- Support for DualBIOS™
- PnP 1.0a, DMI 2.0, SM BIOS 2.6, ACPI 2.0a
- Support for @BIOS
- Support for Q-Flash
- Support for Xpress Install
- Support for EasyTune (Note 6)
- Support for Smart Recovery 2
- Support for Auto Green
- Support for ON/OFF Charge
- Support for 3TB+ Unlock
- Support for Q-Share
- Norton Internet Security (OEM version)
- Support for Microsoft® Windows 8/7/Vista/XP
- ATX Form Factor; 30.5cm x 22.5cm
Note (Note 1) Due to a Windows 32-bit operating system limitation, when more than 4 GB of physical memory is installed, the actual memory size displayed will be less than the size of the physical memory installed.
(Note 2) To support a DDR3 1866 MHz (and above) memory, you must install an AM3+ CPU first.
(Note 3) For optimum performance, if only one PCI Express graphics card is to be installed, be sure to install it in the PCIEX16 slot.
(Note 4) Be sure to connect your USB device(s) to the USB 2.0/1.1 ports before the USB 3.0 driver is installed.
(Note 5) Whether the CPU/system fan speed control function is supported will depend on the CPU/system cooler you install.
(Note 6) Available functions in EasyTune may differ by motherboard model.
- Due to different Linux support condition provided by chipset vendors, please download Linux driver from chipset vendors' website or 3rd party website.
- Most hardware/software vendors may no longer offer drivers to support Win9X/ME/2000/XP SP1/SP2. If drivers are available from the vendors, we will update them on the GIGABYTE website.
Rate / Review this product
Product Description Stock Price Ex Price Inc Add Gigabyte 78LMT-USB3.0 AMD 760G (Socket AM3/AM3+) Micro ATX DDR3 Motherboard 125Watt CPU Support
£35.79 £42.95 Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 DDR3 SATA 6Gb (Socket AM3+) ATX Motherboard